The YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA are committed to protecting personal information, by following responsible information handling practices in keeping with privacy laws.
The YMCA uses modern information and communication technologies to support our YMCA activities. Our Privacy Statement covers the YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA and our website:
- You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
- These cookies are non-persistent (i.e. will be destroyed when you close your browser).
- We collect information about you only if you volunteer it by signing up for our online newsletter.
Services and links of our Website
- Our website enables you to communicate with us.
- Because the YMCA wants your website experience to be informational and resourceful, our Website will, from time to time, provide links to third party sites.
- We collect personal data you volunteer online, or when you make use of our online registration for our camping programs, in order to better meet your program, service and information needs.
- We also use and disclose data, which does not identify individuals, for statistical purposes to develop and enhance YMCA programs and services.
- We may also collect personal information in order to satisfy legal, government and regulatory obligations.
- If you supply us with your contact information, you may hear from us about important information concerning the YMCA program or service in which you are registered.
- You may also hear from us about other YMCA programs and services that may interest and benefit you. If you do not wish to hear about other YMCA programs, services or opportunities, please complete our online opt-out form.
- If you wish to reverse your previous opt-out choice and receive information about other YMCA programs, services and opportunities, complete our online reverse opt-out form.
- We do not sell personal information we collect.
- We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else without your prior knowledge or consent, except when required by a government body or agency, or as permitted by law.
- The YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA, in keeping with our Mission and Vision, believes in the development of healthy, confident children.
- For children under 12 years of age, we will obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian to collect and use personally identifiable information about a child.
Confidentiality / Security
- YMCA maintains physical, electronic and administrative safeguards that are appropriate to the type of personal information we obtain from you.
- YMCA staff and volunteers having access to personal data are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and handle it responsibly.
If you are aware of any inaccuracy or changes in the personal information, which we hold about you, please contact a YMCA staff at your local YMCA. If you have an inquiry about YMCA privacy practices, please contact a senior staff at your local YMCA.
If you have a complaint or concern about YMCA information handling practices, we encourage you to talk to us.
In most cases, discussing your concern with a Manager for your YMCA program or service, will address your concern.
If the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact Human Resources. You will be asked to provide the following information in writing:
- Your name, address or fax number where you prefer to be reached;
- Nature of your complaint, relevant details, and what you would like us to do;
- Name of the YMCA staff with whom you have already discussed the issue.
The YMCA will investigate and assist with resolving your concern.
The YMCA regularly reviews its policies and procedures to ensure we remain current with changing laws and evolving public expectations.
On-line Legal Policy
This site was created to be informative. Accordingly, we will permit you to download or photocopy material displayed on this site for your non-commercial personal use. Any content or graphics extracted from the site must prominently display copyright and other proprietary notices.
Terms and Conditions
This site is owned by the YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA. Any images, graphics, multimedia, or content is copyrighted by the YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA and may only be used in the manner provided for in these Terms and Conditions. In addition, the site contains names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property which are the property of the YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA and may not be used for any purpose without the express written consent of the YMCA of Cambridge and the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA.